Monday, March 22, 2010

Denim...

OK- so I was talking with a friend of mine (who inspired this post) about the denim craze for Spring 2010. It's everywhere. Distressed, torn DENIM. Denim skirts, denim pants, denim shirts, denim shoes. It's seriously giving me the blues. (Sorry, I realize that was corny).
Sure, I love a pair of loose fitting jeans with a little wear-and-tear. But I also love super skinny high-waisted jeans. So for me, this super-faded thing is..well...tacky. Ok, let's take D&G Spring 2010 line....sure they incorporate some really beautiful neutrals, khaki and white (more on my love for these things later) but something went seriously wrong with the faded denim pieces. Are we REALLY back to denim mini dresses with 5 layers of ruffles...faded?! It's just something the tarts in my middle school would have worn to a dance in the gym.
Anyways, if you like the denim thing, and I'm all for this, The Gap has some fantastic jean going on, not just pants but shirts and jackets too. So picture this...a white eyelet sundress and worn-in jean jacket...and if you want to channel your inner American West D&G...throw in a pair of those cowboy boots that you were so pissed went out of style in '06. They're back!
(photo from style.com)

No comments: