Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Nostalgia

My parents...how fantastic are my mom's trousers?
My grandmother, her brother and her parents in London, England c. 1950. This was probably not even a special occasion, but everyone is looking their best. I love how my great-grandfather's overcoat is so casually draped over one arm.
My grandmother, grandfather and my dad as a young boy. I wish people still put in this much effort when they got dressed in the morning and thought about the elegance and grace of dressing, like a true sartorialist.

2 comments:

RacquelP said...

These pictures are so incredible!! Your family is so fashionable

kale.cooper said...

I find this so brilliant. You have inspired me to dig out my mom's old albums. It's crazy how fashion does not ever really change- it just comes full circle. And I agree, people should put this much effort in getting dressed still. very smart.