Thursday, September 30, 2010

DIY!

So for my whole life, I shared a room with my little sister. So when I finally left home for university and moved into an AWESOME house...I had my VERY own room to decorate for the first time EVER. How exciting.
I always wanted a vanity table. So I found this thing. And turned it INTO a vanity table. How? Well above is the original....
I sanded down all the surfaces, fitted a thin piece of wood for the desk top, primed and painted. Found a mirror to rest on top and a matching stool (both second hand, painted in the same colour).
TA DAAAA!
I also did the same thing to an old second hand end table...
Found an old framed photograph by Robert Doisneau in my basement for above the bed.
Some cheap art...aka pretty ads from my old Vogues.
An interesting way to hang your jewellery. A little bit of wall art.
Found a cheap vanity tray at Home Sense.
And affordable little crystal knobs for the drawers.
A little wall decal and the room was complete! DIY is so affordable, easy and really, it's something you can be proud of when it's all said and done!

1 comment:

kale.cooper said...

you are so wonderful and stylishly inspiring. I love the simplicity of the white and the cute rings hanging.