Monday, April 30, 2012

DIY: Flower Crown

For my birthday on Friday I wanted to wear a plastic tiara from the dollar store. Then I came across the idea that maybe I could do something less ridiculous but just as fun. Something like a flower crown which I've been seeing everywhere, from catwalks to Fashion Weeks to Coachella. I ordered one online from a cute Etsy shop, but don't think it will arrive on time. So I decided to try a DIY. It was super easy and you can completely customize it to make it as elaborate or delicate as you like. 

The supplies: plastic flowers, thick paper covered floral wire, thin paper covered floral wire.

Prep your flowers by cutting off the ones you want to use. 
Create a sturdy base for the crown using the thick paper covered floral wire. 

Wrap the flowers with the thin paper covered floral wire and attach each to the base of the crown.


Add as few or as many as you like and work from the back to the front on each side. 

Voila! Finished product is sweet, delicate and a lot of fun. I take full responsibility for the many winks from cute boys you'll get while wearing this. Enjoy!

PS: I got all the supplies from THE DOLLAR STORE. This whole DIY cost me a total of 6$!



No comments: