Thursday, February 9, 2012

Home Improvement

This past summer I moved into my grandparents house and transformed their old master bedroom and bathroom into my own little lair. I painted one accent wall a deep grey and the remaining walls a softer grey. I revamped some of their old furniture, added a bunch of little details, artwork, candles and picture frames - plus finished it all off with white bedding. I love all the creaks and character of older homes and now that I've made it my own space, I never want to leave. I also love the bed pushed against the big window, as it acts a perfect focal point since I don't have a headboard. Here are some before and afters.

Before

Before

After

Before

After

Little details (Vintage rotary phone found at St. Lawrence market for 9$)

My prized possession - vintage Takamine

Love the original finishes from when the house was first built, like this ceiling detailing
And hoping to finish off the space with a larger shelf so all my books and goodies aren't so cramped.

Mixing textures

No comments: