Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Review

Recently, I was given a teeny tiny shout-out on another blog. It is neither overtly negative but not very positive either. I'm always interested in criticism and want to hear what my small but lovely following of readers have to say. The author mentions Cheap & Chic breifly, stating its just one of the few blogs she may look at here and there, assuming updates appear on her Facebook newsfeed, making it easy to click and browse within a second. 

Thinking about this small note of hers, I wonder...if Cheap & Chic isn't particulary interesting, nor does it display the type of style the author likes, why go back to it? Just because it's there? What, if anything at all, makes a blog worth following? 

I'm really interesting to hear what fellow bloggers/blog readers think about this! Are there any specifics; aesthetically or in content that create a "good" fashion blog? My specifics would have to be; simplicity of layout/design, high quality photos, a range in the nature of posts and originality. 

And on another note; the author explains that "clothes are all a bit pricier than I would personally buy". I'm not quite sure if I can even feature more affordable clothing, but if anyone has some new, fun and cheaper alternatives, I would love to explore some new style spots.

I'm open to critique and criticisms from any reader and love reading a review, good or bad! I would love to hear more - and I'm always open to suggestions and feedback on how to pump Cheap & Chic up!

-J
Check out the article by Martha Beach here: http://fashionjrn.wordpress.com/2011/01/20/fashion-blog-round-up/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like your blog alot and think its MORE than awesome.

Anonymous said...

quick suggestion:
update more, and regularly !

other than that, I don't find the clothes you feature "too expensive." keep up the good work!

kale.cooper said...

Personally I think of fashion blogs as an inspiration not a catalog. They are meant to broaden your horizon in terms of stimulating ideas and combinations of pieces. I think the reason I return to your blog is your creativity in your (extremely affordable) outfits. And your organic formatting combining you posing in your backyard, and high end runway shoots. I do not have to necessarily relate to a blog to follow it, it just like anything worth my time, needs to inspire. And that's what you do! Can't wait to see more sweden!