Sunday, January 16, 2011

Swedes Love House Music

Hej! Sorry everyone for the serious delay in posts....I have just relocated my entire life to Sweden! I'm doing a 6 month study abroad program at Uppsala Universitet and so far it's been a huge adjustment but interesting and exciting! I'm in the process of meeting some new people from all over the world, figuring out school life and planned future European travels.

I've learned a few things about the Swedes so far:
1) Almost all of them are tall, fair skinned, blonde and thin.
2) They tend to be extremely trendy and stylish, in a very unique and edgy sort of way.
3) They can all speak English very well.
4) They don't use salt to melt the ice...so it just builds and builds. They use little pebbles to make it rough but it's just a matter of time before I wipe out.
5)Swedes ride their bikes in all types of weather. All year round. So while I am walking at the pace of turtle trying not to slip, they are whizzing around on their bikes.
6) They love house music.

Just a few fun facts...now please be patient while I settle in, there are so many exciting posts to come! Hope  everyone is doing wonderfully.
-J

1 comment:

kale.cooper said...

I love your take on the first reflection of your new life. If the blonde twigs are the norm they will flock to you for being so exotic. Not to mention your mad style is probably a breath of fresh air to them. Stay inspired and keep posting.